Friday, February 03, 2006

Instinct


I have so many daydreams of my little girl. Having to be away from her 13+ hours a day when I'm on shift fuels this "habit", but it's definitely not the catalyst. No, that spark happened the day I found out she was inside of me. The day I found out a tiny baby was growing bigger every second inside of me - her life dependent on mine. It's interesting how knowing our actions directly affect another's life will cause us to think more before we act. I wanted so bad for her to be healthy - I wanted God to bless me with that. So I did my part to eat right, go for walks in the crisp outside air, and to talk to her every day. I had my boss move me to an upstairs office - out of the equipment shop - so that she wouldn't be around the sudden thud of an air tool, or the many fumes that are created in such an environment. When it came to my health and my health alone, I didn't notice so many details as I did when she was in me.

That's one of the first effects motherhood had on me. First in an infinite list.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two beautiful angels

February 06, 2006 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Sophia will gain much confidence in the kitchen and elsewhere since you allow her to express herself. Before long, she'll be helping you and her dad cook meals. You are blessed to have such a beautiful baby, and she is blessed to have such wonderful parents. Love, Mom

February 07, 2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger 87291472-Sharky said...

I wish you all love and happiness and safety in this world. You are a beautiful family. Always. S

August 15, 2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home