Monday, February 06, 2006

In My Arms


I stayed home from work on Saturday. Sophia was sick, I was getting sick, and we both needed some time together. In my field of work, it is foolish to miss out on an "overtime day" for any reason. Saturday being one of those days, I was made to feel as if I were "throwing money out the window", so to speak. Clearly my co-workers don't understand that there are many great things in life that they'll never be able to buy - like nutrients and antibodies in breast milk that help to heal a sick baby, or the comfort you can give a sick baby by rocking her to sleep. What a precious gift - the chance to be the one who makes a child feel better.
At the end of the day Saturday, she had more color in her cheeks, she was "talking" more - she even started to dance a little. And it was worth every penny.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that baby Sophia is feeling better, mom, too. They just needed each other.

February 06, 2006 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of, Course, they would not understand....Being with our children, especially when they are sick and needy is beyond priceless.

Here is a nice quote for you ....
God gave us memories so that we could have roses in December.

February 07, 2006 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it at the time, but I was so lucky to have been home with all my babies. The memories are so great. I'm happy for you, Katie, that you get to experience Sophia totally for half the time, and she is so lucky to have her dad there for most of the time. She gets full time nurturing all the time, and that is so very important for her development and self esteem. I'm so glad that Sophia has parents like you and Isaac. Love, Mom (Donna)

February 14, 2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home