Saturday, March 17, 2007

Signs and Symptoms

When I was pregnant with Sophia, not a minute went by where I wasn't conscience of the fact that I was pregnant. Conscious of the fact that a living person was growing inside of me - bigger by the second. This time around it's a little bit different. There are actually moments where I all of a sudden remember that I'm pregnant.

In the past few days, what I've been experiencing has brought me to the conclusion that even if I don't dwell on it every second, I somehow always have a way to remind myself of my current state. So I came up with a mini you-know-you're-pregnant-when list.

***********************************************************

You know you're pregnant when...

You start to type a list of something and forget totally what you were going to say. :) (That just seriously happened.)

Ok, I remember. Your dreams of a "scary man" are so vivid, that you're kicking yourself your entire way to work for not checking the back seat before getting in, because now you're sure he's sitting right behind you, being all creepy and scary. And all you can do is grip the wheel really tight and try to get there faster.

When, in the course of 10 minutes, you spill your hot chocolate all over the counter at work, which rushes under the microwaves and popcorn machine (impossible to clean, I assure you); slam your hip into your desk really hard on your way back into your office; drop your pen 3 times before finally securing it in hand in order to write yourself a to-do note; realize you forgot to refill your post-it dispenser; and then slam your other hip on your desk leaving your office to go to the supply cabinet.

You cry at the end of a radio episode of Paws and Tales (it was a really touching one, though, about C.J.'s dad defending "the mule").

You forget for the fourth day in a row that you wanted to load new pictures onto your blog when you get home from work, and end up going to bed earlier than the night before because 1. you're exhausted, and 2. you learned today that 8 hours and 23 minutes of sleep just isn't enough.

***********************************************************

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

I had to pull over to check the back seat on my way home Thursday night. Do you think it's possible that I'm.... No, couldn't be. I haven't spilled hot chocolate or cried in Paws n Claws.

March 17, 2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha Ha TMF. I know exactly how you feel BE. That is so funny. I don't know if it will happen to you, but the dingyness(sp?) has not gone away for me since E was born. Isn't it funny how quickly you forget when you're already busy with 1 at home? It's definitely a different experience the second time around. Have fun.

March 17, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Yeah, I thought it was different too. I'm always dingy so, I am not sure if it got worse or not. That is funny BE about the scary man in the back seat, I sometimes do the same thing, afraid to actually check back there while I am driving...where do we get that from?

March 17, 2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

We get the scary man thing from older sisters who read Edgar Allen Poe out light under the covers by flashlight to you when you were "5" because she was too chicken to read it to herself! AK Aside, I hope your pregnancy is as smooth as it can be and that the "glow" will soon replace the frazzled sleepless part! Loved your descriptions!

March 19, 2007 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home