Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Movie Recommendation

Heart of the Game


Just the other day, I commented on Sally's Blog that if she hadn't done so yet, she needed to Netflick this movie. Partly, because one of my family members stars in it (my brother-in-law Bill Resler), but mostly because it is a powerful documentary film about teamwork, sacrifice, and going against the grain when it matters most. You can read more about this movie here, which is also where I got the pics for my blog. (Plus, in the extra features, the narrator - Ludacris - compliments Bill and even takes time to hang out with him, which alone makes the movie worth watching!)


When Sophia was just about 7 weeks old, we went on our first family trip - to Seattle - to see U2 and to let Auntie Sherry and Uncle Bill watch Sophia for an evening. At some point during the trip, Bill took the opportunity to tell us about this upcoming documentary film he was in, so of course we were completely beyond ourselves with excitement when it was finally released on the 28th of last month.
We watched it one more time last night before having to return it. I think we may just have to buy a copy.
And I think you all might just have to check it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger coolskool mom said...

Wow cool, is the movie called "heart of the game"? I will put in in my queue.

March 20, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We'll have to check it out too.

March 20, 2007 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie--I just did buy it from Amazon.com. The nice thing about amazon.com is if you spend $25.00 or more, there's no cost for shipping. Pete and I saw it at the Beartooth and thought it was truly wonderful. Love you--Mom

March 20, 2007 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going in the queue... no jokes this time. :)

March 20, 2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

Love today's german word. By the time you've said it, the other team has inbounded the ball and is halfway to their basket.

March 20, 2007 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home