Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and a Birthday







Every Thanksgiving, I'm reminded that my brother Gregory's birthday a) just happened, b) is about to happen, or c) is happening. I had the pleasure of getting to talk to him on Thanksgiving this year, and although it wasn't his birthday until Sunday, I was happy to get to wish him well. I know there is no possible way he could know how much I love him, pray for him, and hope for a relationship with him again one day. He is a good person, and I wish I could post a picture of him for this "birthday post", but maybe someday I can. Until then, I am very thankful for my family, of course, my darling husband and most intelligent daughter. For my beautiful mom, and generous dad (who drove 300 miles to be with us and to bring Sophia her own personal kitchen to cook her portion of our meal!), for my lovely sisters (especially the one who called me at midnight the other night to ask me what if I used to be the "shoe" in Monopoly when we were kids - Tara), and hilarious brothers. For all the people whose lives touch mine - daily, monthly, or even just once, ever.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So sweet BE. I love the 2nd picture. You and Sophia have the same look on you face. I was just wondering if Sophia had a little kitchen. I'm sure she loves it. What a nice grandpa.

November 28, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Fred and I were looking through kitcheny stuff for Sophia yesterday! But we know we'd have quite a time getting it home to you....so I'm sooooooo glad she's got a kitchen! And your thankful heart is so precious.

November 28, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 28, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We all instantly were thinking of John when you mentioned your brother. We all were reminded about the grief you have with your brother that is still here. I pray that he will come to know the peace and love you have found through knowing the Lord and that your relationship will be restored someday.

November 28, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I would love to taste Sophia's delectable delicacies.
You are truly blessed with the best.
Hello to your Mom and Dad.
Thanks for praying for me during my recovery.
Can't wait for Christmas at Annies.

November 28, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

she's as good a cook as her mom.

November 30, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Looking at those pictures of her at the little kitchen, I think she is going to love the present we got for her for Christmas :)

December 01, 2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Tater said...

I'm so sorry for calling you that late! Dan reminded me that not everyone was a night owl after I got off the phone when he exclaimed "I cannot believe you woke your sister up to see if you were right about the monopoly piece she used!" Dan and I played monopoly that night, and I wouldn't let him use any of the pieces that "belong" to my siblings. He eventually had to be the battleship! I love you so much, Kates!!

December 02, 2006 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home