Thursday, April 06, 2006

L'enfant cherie




Sometimes I look at this girl and think, "Has anyone in History ever been this beautiful?" She looks at me with those huge, blue eyes; she rubs her hand over her light, curly hair; and then she smiles and goes back to doing whatever it was she was doing: talking to her toys, reading her books, or wrapping the phone cord around her neck as if it were a necklace. What a girl.



Lately, I've really noticed how much she plays off her dad and me. I love to chase her around the house acting like a crazy person. She screams and crawls, but gets so excited / nervous that she just collapses on the floor awaiting her imminent "death". Then throw Isaac into the picture: He holds on to her tightly while saying, "Oh, no, she's coming Sophia! She's gonna get you! AAAAAHHHHH!". And THAT is when she really freaks out. She climbs up her dad, begging for him to save her while I get ever closer, and finally, reach her and eat at her ribs until she dies of a laugh-attack. I've never had so much fun in my life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh Mama K! These are the most special days of your life, I am so glad you're writing--a forever treasure--oh to recapture those moments with my own. These pictures are priceless! Dad came running into the house to get me to say--you're not going to believe those big blue eyes!

April 07, 2006 5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She truly is a sweet angel. What a beautiful, happy girl! I'm glad you're all having so much fun--these are very special years.
Love you--Mom

April 07, 2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katie, she is soooo beautiful. There is no baby more beautiful to you than your own. You are such a good mama. We can't wait to get to chase her around to and hear that giggle.

April 07, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

It only gets better by the minute. Cherish every one!

April 08, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home