Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blessings




Thank you, Lord, for everything you've shown me.
For everything you've given me to touch, smell, hear, feel, and taste.
Thank you for experiences like Manzanillo, people like Anne, and pets like Velvet.
Thank you for mountains, and sunshine, and snow, and rocks, and fresh-water streams.
Thank you for second chances, and third chances, and fourth chances...


Thank you for the love of my life.
Mi amor, mon amour, meine Liebe.
Thank you that he is so darn perfect for me.
Thank you for bringing us together to love one another.
Thank you for letting that love be grounded in you.



Thank you for the chubby legs and tiny feet of a baby girl.
Thank you for giving me enough love for her, and allowing that love to change every day.
Thank you for kisses from little lips.
For high fives, zerberts, and a baby's ability to listen to the same Children's Bible Songs CD a thousand times and STILL not tire of it.
Thank you for molding me into your image of mom and wife.

I will try my best not to take it for granted.

photos by heath

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear sweet Katie, I am so proud of you and all that you've done. I'm happy that you have inner peace in your life, and a family to be proud of. You're a great inspiration for Sophia. I love you. Mom

March 23, 2006 5:55 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Katie--how beautiful. What a talent you have for sharing your heart--made me cry!!

March 23, 2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say:

ELEPHANTS AND KANGAROOSYS ROOSYS CHILDREN OF THE LORD.

Three days of that CD. Sheesh. :)

Aunt Tara

March 23, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Remind me, I still have to burn that CD for you...

March 24, 2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

One in the bond of love !!
Ike I like!
Katie is a lady!!
Sophia is for me-a!!

March 25, 2006 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GET YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF THE MUDDY MUDDY, CHILDREN OF THE LORD!

I want my CD. I could listen to it when I'm getting ready for work in the morning :) Love you Kates.

March 29, 2006 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home