Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Left, Right, Left


Our little girl has taken her first steps! 9 days after her first birthday, she has decided that she can do it. And she did it with no prompting at all, amazingly. She stood and held on to a chair in her bedroom, while I sat on the floor sorting through some papers. She turned toward me, let go and stood there - balancing perfectly on her two tiny feet - before she took three steps in my direction. I screamed with excitement. Her dad rushed right in to see what was going on, and was so proud to see his baby girl walking. It's been about an hour now, and all three of us our exhausted from practicing.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for baby -Phia! What a big girl. She is so cute. Can't wait to see it for myself.

March 15, 2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Sophia! I just missed seeing this for myself, by two days. Love you--Grandma Donna

March 15, 2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Wow, how fun! I wish I could see it!!!

March 15, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I KNEW we should have practiced while I was there!!! How darling! Little sweetie--that's how she'll do all of her great accomplishments--with will and determination. You all deserve an ice cream break!

March 15, 2006 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trouble starts now--soon she'll be walking/running away from you at the store.
Love, Papa Pete

March 16, 2006 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home