Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lessons from a toddler


It seems Sophia prefers to go it alone these days. She knows Mom likes to hold her hand, but she wants to show the world how independent of me she is. There are still those moments, however, when she comes to a hard spot in the road, and looks up at me, arm outstretched, knowing I'm there to help. And then, hand in hand, we step up onto the sidewalk together, or over a puddle, or up a stair.



It goes both ways, I've learned. During the week after my brother's accident, Sophia was there to make me smile, and occasionally, even laugh. She gave me kisses to heal my sad heart, and patted my back when I was hunched over and sobbing. I had no idea how much I need her help, too. All I have to do is reach out my hand.


Mom and daughter. Hand in hand. For life.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful. These are my favorite photos of all and your heart, once again, wide open to all the good in your life and for us to have a glimpse of and to share. Thank you.

June 07, 2006 6:26 AM  
Blogger Tater said...

Isn't it funny how someone so young can console in the best way possible. Sophia has so much love in her heart because of YOU and ISAAC. I know this, because the love in my heart comes from you also. I love you so much, dear sister. xoxo Cannot wait to see watch Sophia on Friday and Saturday. I'm going to find a park for us to play in and I'm going to take TONS of pictures.

June 07, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Tater said...

I hope you know what I mean by "see watch Sophia". Hahaha. It's early and I haven't finished my americano yet.

June 07, 2006 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very cute and sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing you both. I can tell Sophia is loving by the way she treats her baby dolls as well. She'll be a good mom like you. Are you having a happy birthday? Tried to call you. Isaac probably took you out to lunch, huh? Love you, Mom
(Abuela Donna)

June 08, 2006 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetest Katie, Looks like heaven with the beautiful scenery and the two beautiful angels in these photos.

June 20, 2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey-we need a new post Belle Etoille.

June 28, 2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home