Thursday, April 20, 2006

Emily Anne Duffield


Our family was blessed with its newest member last night at 11:33 p.m. California time. Weighing in at 7 lb., 9 oz., she's 20 inches long and has blue eyes full of wonder at her huge, new world. My husband and I were so blessed to have the chance to actually HEAR her being born last night in the comfort of our bed. Over the phone we not only heard the last push, but also that she was indeed a girl, and that she was beautiful (although we new she would be).

And today, this little girl, whom I haven't even met, has somehow been able to make me feel as if I am walking on clouds. There's a spring in my step, and I find myself more compassionate, more friendly, more understanding. Emily has arrived! She is healthy, her mommy is happy, and life is good.

In less than 2 weeks, Sophia will see her baby cousin, and I my baby niece, for the first time. Isaac wishes he could be there, but instead will be fishing in Yakutat. :)

Congratulations Annie, Dave, and Jonathan on this precious little girl!

3 Comments:

Blogger coolskool mom said...

Everyone needs a little girl, don't you think?

April 20, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

All I can say is: Let the tea parties begin.

April 21, 2006 6:09 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh what beautiful words and I wish all could have been there--thank you belle etoile... and oh yes--a tea party is in our future!

April 22, 2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home