Thursday, October 19, 2006

Games

One of the things I love most about being home with Sophia, is getting to play with her. There are a few games that we indulge ourselves in on a regular basis, including the chasing one I mentioned earlier. Some games, though, are a little less conventional.

One of my all time favorites is playing the game of "hide and seek". Up 'til this point, I am always the one who hides and she the one who seeks. In the living room, I take one of her green blankets (her decke) and I wrap it up all around her really tight so that it takes a while for her to get out. Then I run to either our bedroom, her bedroom, or the entry way and hide until she finds me. When she does, I let out the roar of a lion, and then the chase begins. If she can make it back to her decke in the living room before the Mama Lion catches up with her, than she's saved. She'll see it and start panting, "Decke, decke, decke..." and then collapse onto it and hold on tight. If I try to tickle her, than she'll she'll tell me "Decke!" - as if to say, "I'm safe, remember?".

Last night we all played a wacked-up game of "Duck, duck goose" where Isaac lay and I sat in the living room, and she weaved her way through us around and around going, "Nah, nah, nah, nah," the whole time. Every time she went around or in front of one of us she kind of sped up, both in her walking and her chanting, because she knew, eventually, one of us would reach out and grab her and get all kinds of tickles in. She loved the game so much that later that evening, after we had finished with our walk, she went straight back into the living room and walked in a big circle chanting "nah, nah" again. What a big goof.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is soooo cute BE. She is such a little smartie. You are such a good mommy and really know how to have a good time with her. She's a lucky little girl to have you and MF. Love you.

October 19, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

You write so well--I can just feel it, delight in it, and picture the scenes of playtime with Mommy and Daddy. What a blessed little girl, our little Sophia...I CAN'T WAIT to see you all again! Give a tickle for Grandma!

October 19, 2006 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie--Hide and seek used to be one of my favorite games. I remember playing it with my cousins. I'm glad you're having so much fun with Sophia. Being so close to one another is very important. Love you--Mom

October 19, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

That age is so fun....I really loved the toddler stage.The games are so fun and they love to play them. She is a cutie, give her a kiss from her auntie.

October 20, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

That age is so fun....I really loved the toddler stage.The games are so fun and they love to play them. She is a cutie, give her a kiss from her auntie.

October 20, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home