Monday, February 12, 2007

Broadway, here we come.

Sophia's been very, how shall we say it, musical lately. It started over at her friend Elaina's house where there's a piano. Sophia must have sat up on that bench for 20 minutes striking the keys and singing her lungs out before I told her to move on to something new. Not that her music wasn't beautiful - because it definitely was - I just wanted her to be able to spend some time playing with her friend.

During the worship time at our church yesterday, she sang along with all the songs. After one in particular, Blessed Assurance (old faithful, as the music director called it), Sophia stood up on the pew between me and Isaac, beamed with pride (I thought she was about to take a bow), and clapped wildly, yelling out, "Yay Phia!!!!". She was so happy with her performance, and so were the three rows of churchgoers behind us.

She also spends a lot of time in a state of musical bliss at home. As you'll see in the clip below, our hours of singing and dancing with Sophia have not been in vain.


7 Comments:

Blogger The Chindo said...

And all the people in the back say "pushy do wah doona way"

all the girls in the front say "bugy new wah moona day"

everybody say "mooken ooh mom in a say"

February 12, 2007 11:14 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

What Chindo?
She is so cute, she takes after her cousins.

February 12, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Thanks Chindo for translating.

February 12, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

oh, he is translating...i was not sure..

February 12, 2007 5:08 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

ooowanna doodle awwwe day, ooodooowaaaaa-day, ooooowwwwaaannn doodle awwe day...I wanna doodle all de day, oh, I wanna doodle all day, I'm gonna try, try, try, I'm gonna cry, cry, cry, oh, I wanna doodle all day!

Okay, that puts cute off the charts, we've found it, it's in Valdez, AK, at 10 Mile.

February 13, 2007 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the cutest dance show I've ever watched. Wow, she really has talent! Better be prepared for the talent shouts.
Love, Be-Bop Oma

February 13, 2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger gracielou said...

The first time I saw Sophia at church when the Martin clan was visiting, I was first drawn to her curly hair, I still am but with the dance it is even cuter.

February 13, 2007 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home