Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ask and you shall receive.




I must have said it a million times. I wanted a reason to start reading the Bible on a daily basis. I wanted to get involved in some kind of Bible study.

And then, *BAM*

Two studies at once.

Two studies at once?

Currently I am involved in an on-line study of David with my mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law. It is the study of the heart of David, the greatest king the Jews had before Jesus. Before I started reading 1 and 2 Samuel, I must admit that the sound of those books alone didn't really lure me in. It took a study like this one to make me realize how much excitement and on-the-edge-of-your-seat suspense exist in these two books. Plus, I am loving the accountability I get from my study group, and am having lots of fun "getting together" even when they live 4,000 miles away.

The other study, Beloved Disciple, will begin the 6th of February at my house, and will be based on the life of John. My friend Jennifer and I have been planning it for about 2 years now and it finally came together, but this was before I knew I would also be doing a study on David (apparently God thought I needed both at once!), so it looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I am excited that, for the first time in my life, I will be meeting weekly with a group of ladies to talk about the Bible. I have never, ever done so before.

I'm praying that the people He has handpicked for these studies are moved and changed because of the time we spend together in His word.

Photos courtesy of Living Proof Ministries: www.lproof.org

4 Comments:

Blogger Greta said...

Hi!
This really has nothing to do with your post; I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. I also read your '100 things about me' on your other blog...living in Alaska sounds so cool! I'd love to be able to visit there someday.

January 28, 2007 7:35 AM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

keep it up babe. i'm learning so much from you.

January 28, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

God's Word is rich and powerful and it will never return void when we allow it deep into our hearts. Thanks for being willing to do both!

January 28, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

It is great to be learning with you, keep up the good work.

January 30, 2007 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home