Monday, January 29, 2007

While You Wait

I've added something to the last "Sophiecdotes" post (actually, Isaac did :)), so while you're sitting around waiting for my vestation ticker to read "0 days", go ahead and check it out.

Oh, and a quick story to illustrate why I never should have been a mother. A couple of nights ago we were out pulling Sophia on the sled around the block (it's a mile long loop) and talking about how nice it is to go outside like that because we can have an uninterrupted conversation. Sophia can sit and enjoy the ride and we can just talk without having to stop every few minutes to say, "Oh, wow Sophia," or get up to get her some raisins. Anyway, soon after I'd said that she started to say, "Go, Mama, go!" - letting me know that I needed to pull her faster. So I picked up speed and ran while she yelled, "Weeeeeeee!" and I got so caught up in the moment that I thought, "Wouldn't it be so much fun to change direction all of a sudden and whip her around?" The answer, of course, is no. Not with a 25 lb girl. The sled quickly tipped, dumping her onto the ice and snow. You can imagine how she wailed, I'm sure, as we attempted to fish chunks of ice out of the collar of her jacket and brim of her hat. The only way we could console her was to ask her if she wanted to pull the sled on her own. So she did, for the remaining half-mile. It was a late night that night. (Our conversation, by the way, was interrupted every couple of minutes as one of us said, "Let's go, Sophia. Come on, pull your sled faster!")

This is what makes this undeserving mother so grateful that God gave her a chance at it, despite her downfalls:

4 Comments:

Blogger auntibeck said...

I can just picture this--and now MORE than picture it--I can see her in 3D! What a living doll--do you see at the end her little tendrils illuminated against the picture window behind her--extra cute! Hey! how many hours to vestification?!!!!!

January 29, 2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger Tater said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny, Katie. All I could think of is me, you, and Gregory snowmachining with Herb and Carol. When one of us would pull another on the back in an inner tube. I also emailed the videos to Daniel!! We are still planning our trip to Valdez in March. We just need to see what day he can get off work. I know you will be working, but maybe we can all have dinner together?

January 29, 2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

so sweet!

January 30, 2007 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that was painfully cute! When she was saying "Momma home" the cuteness factor was unbearable!

Denise

February 21, 2007 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home