Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shhhhh



I took Sophia to a Union Meeting with me last night. Even though she was fairly quiet throughout the time we were there (one hour of two, total), she managed to babble just enough to keep the attention on her. And every time I shhhhed her, she'd hold her pointer finger flat up against my lips, as if we were playing a game. I couldn't have imagined going without her and spending a whole 36+ hour period without getting to kiss her or hold her. Besides, all of the other Operators there loved seeing her, too, and I've heard from many of them today how cute and funny they think she is. Some of them had never even seen her before. They kept calling her, "The Future Operator". You never know. Maybe some day she'll end up running the snow removal equipment she so intensely watches from our living room window. My little Grader Operator...

It's hard for me to fathom, but she really does have the potential to do and be anything she sets her heart to. I'm sure all parents wonder if their children will one day be successful, or famous, or rich. I always wonder how our relationship will be. I wonder if some day, through all of our trials, we'll learn to love each other just the way we are. No ifs, ands, or buts. Like Jesus loves us, I guess. I hope so.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger coolskool mom said...

she is so cute!!! What a precious little girl

February 22, 2006 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is Sophia beautiful and gifted, but a natural comedian as well. I can see you and Isaac have fun with her, and she has fun with the both of you as well. I'm sure Sophia will go far in life.
Love you--Mom

February 23, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Katie, how beautifully you write. And your heart is right where it belongs. I'm proud of you.

February 24, 2006 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home