Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mlle Sophie - la Raisinière

We have quite the little chef roaming about our house these days. Her specialties are coffee, eggs, and juice, but they all have something in common: they are made from raisins. Don't ask me how she does it, for I haven't the slightest idea, but my daughter is able to magically tap a raisin on the edge of one of her hot pink plastic plates, and - voilà! - it is suddenly an egg that she is letting slither out of its cracked shell into a sizzling pan on the stove. Delightful.

If, at any given time, we develop the need to give Sophia something to do, we can say, "I sure would like some coffee right now (which is funny, because we don't even drink coffee), Sophia, could you go and make me some?" And off she'll go, so eager to please. So ready to perform her chefly duties. While cooking she'll snack on her raisins until they are all gone, and then turn to ask, "Reena*, tup?", which you may have guessed means "Can you put more raisins in my cup?". We might want to research as to how many raisins should be eaten by an almost-2-year-old per day. But then again, we might not. :)


For Christmas she got a few new babies and lots of new baby gear, so she's been dutifully performing her motherly tasks as well. And although she can be a bit neglectful at times with some of her children, I think she is a very good Mommy. I've even watched her some nights as she feeds her baby a "baboo" before she herself can fall asleep. As Isaac has said, "I never imagined I'd be a grandparent this early in life."

*On a side note, "Reena" is a shortened form of the German Rosina (raisin).

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

i like the hot pad.

January 17, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Look at that little momma. She has such a good example from you on how to do things (Of course, you would never neglect your babies-lol) What a precious girl-I miss her lots.

January 17, 2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

I especially like the pretty little sleeveless dress--it kind of doesn't go with the previous snow packed post!!! It's a good thing I know how snug and warm your house is!

January 17, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

We had actually just gotten done playing dress-up, and this is the last dress that I put on her. (I was going through her closet to see if any of her "bigger" stuff would fit her.)

January 17, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

She is so cute,yeah I think is funny that we become grandparents early in our life when are kids are little mommies.

January 17, 2007 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that makes me a great grandma, huh? How do you say great grandma in German? Love, Oma

January 18, 2007 8:27 AM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Maybe I'll just have to make that my German Word of the Day for Friday!

January 18, 2007 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home