Monday, January 01, 2007

Ding, Dong, Ditch

She couldn't help but add to the mystery.





I don't want to brag, and I'm not going to say that I have the best behaved child in the world, but she was pretty darn cooperative during our Winchester Mystery House Mansion Tour in San Jose, CA. With the most perfect of timing, she called out, "Oh, WOW!", to the beautiful stained glass windows and gorgeous views of the courtyard from the very top of the house. She sat comfortably in either Papa's, Mama's, Oma's, or Papa Pete's arms the entire time. AND, she even gave our tour guide a great big hug and said "Dae do" (thank you) at the end of the tour. What a sweetie.
She and I have been sick the past few days (as have others in the family, I've heard) so our nights have been somewhat short of serene. A couple of nights ago she cried and cried with a horrible stuffed-up nose until both Papa and I got up and sat with her on the couch. It's all kind of a haze to me (thank you Theraflu), but I do remember one particular instance when I was holding Sophia on my lap, with all 3 (thank you Gloria) of her blankets wrapped around us, her Papa singing and playing guitar ever so softly, she said, in the sincerest voice I've ever heard, "Dae do, Mommy". Is there anything better than that in the whole world?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

She wanted you to hold her so bad. She needed you and she was grateful. I can't get over how good she is, even when she's sick.

January 01, 2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet Sophia. I really love those pictures. Who's the guy in the orange? Did she really get to ring the bell?

January 01, 2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

That was at the back door of the Rifle Museum at the Winchester House. She was playing around by the door, but when she saw someone peering at her through it she took off. It was cute.

January 02, 2007 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a special time for me. Thank you for giving me these special moments to make memories with Sophia. Love you--Mom

January 02, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger LauraLee said...

Your daughter is so sweet... I am so glad that you are able to enjoy her so much... Because the time flies faster than anything!

January 02, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Wow, she is a good little girl if she could stay quiet and still through out that LONG tour of the mystery house. It was a good tour, but not really for 2 year olds. She is a sweet girl. Are you guys feeling any better? Today, I am better, but Chindo is still suffering some. The kids did not get it too bad. Good thing.

January 02, 2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

Soooo sad you're sick--we're still recovering--bad cold but not the real flu I guess. Back to work today. What a sweet baby your girl is! Miss her so much already.

January 03, 2007 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home